Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Sassy Sally


I know this person; we’ll call her Sassy Sally.  Sassy Sally is normally a pretty nice lady.  She gets her work done on time, loves her family, pays her taxes, blah blah.  But Sally has this other side to her…

Co-worker: “Hey Sally!   Could you help me take the mail to the post office today?  I’m not feeling well and I’d really like to leave early.”

Sally: “Of course, I would be happy to!”

Sassy Sally then goes to her every day gossip buddy…
            “CAN YOU BELIEVE SHE ASKED ME TO TAKE HER MAIL?!
            I MEAN… WHO DO SHE THINK SHE IS?  I’M NO SLAVE! 
            THAT IS HER JOB!”

Some of you may be reading this and think, “This is just a story. I would never do something like that.”  Think again.  I am willing to bet we ALL have a Sassy Sally lurking around in us.  Some of us my have a louder Sassy Sally than others but at some point in time most of us are guilty of being nice to someone’s face and say something mean behind their back.

* Please note:  I admit to having a Sassy Sally in me as well.  So don’t think I’m lecturing.  How do you think I was inspired to write this blog? =)

Here are a few reasons why you need to SHUT SALLY UP.

It’s hard on your soul. Being judgmental and critical has never helped your situation.  Since we are all inherently good, it becomes this yucky thing you are reminded of when you pass them in the hallway.  Especially when they give you a random thank you card for taking the mail that one afternoon (AH-HUM).

Some tough love: We are not angels.  We are no better than anyone else.  It doesn’t matter how much money we make, how much power we have, or how famous we are.  We are all created equal.  

All of us have made mistakes, screwed up, and have needed help.  So next time you see someone doing something you don’t agree with try this:

Extend the same type of compassion you would
wish for yourself or for someone you love.

It’s that simple.

Have a wonderful day, and be nice!

No comments: