Monday, October 20, 2014

Roasted Parmesan Broccoli

 
By Coach Maria - Salus Nutritionist & Food Expert
 
Vegetables tend to be a boring food subject - boring to talk about, boring to photograph and, if you're eating your vegetables raw or steamed, very boring to eat.
 
I hear the vegetable complaint A LOT:
 
"I don't eat enough vegetables"
"Ugh...vegetables....yuck"
"I'm sick of eating broccoli every day"
 
Guess what?
 
If I was eating raw broccoli every day, I would get tired of it too!
 
The moment I discovered how much better vegetables (any vegetable) taste when you roast them, was the moment I began eating more vegetables - vegetables I wouldn't even eat before roasting!
 
Every time I make this easy recipe, the entire pan's contents are gone fast.
 
Roasting broccoli (or any vegetable!) brings out a great flavor, especially sprinkled with a bit of parmesan.
 
Try this recipe with your favorite raw vegetable!
 
 
Ingredients
serves 6
 
1 head of broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces
3 Tblsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp sea salt (or a flavored salt)
1/4 c grated parmesan
 
Preheat oven to 424 degrees
In a large bowl, toss broccoli with olive oil, garlic powder and salt.
Sprinkle with parmesan and toss until thoroughly coated.
Spread on to a baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake 20 minutes.
 
 
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
 
Protein:    7g
Carbs:     14g
Fat:           3g
Sugars:     2g
 
 
Nutritional information are estimates and will vary

No comments: