Friday, June 3, 2011

Turkey Blueberry Patties

                                                                        By:  Maria


Sometimes, having the same meal for breakfast gets boring and lacks creativity.  I stepped out of the breakfast-food-only-for-breakfast long ago and I have enjoyed amazing, incredible, tasty meals that I would never have dreamed of for breakfast!  Three interesting things happened, however.

1. The meals brought me sustaining energy that literally lasted through my grueling morning workout and until lunch!
2.  Because I was concentrating on having more varied proteins in the morning to break my fast, my body composition improved significantly, especially around my waist - hello abs!
3. I had extra time in the morning because I did not need to cook my breakfast, since I simply reheated my leftovers from dinner - who doesn't enjoy extra time in the morning?!

This meal is one of those meals.  The combination sounds odd, but I promise your taste buds will thank you and there will be no leftovers!  Get a little crazy and experiment with different spices!

1 lb ground turkey
 1/2 pack of blueberries (about 3/4 Cup)
 3 Sage leaves – finely chopped (fresh is a MUST)
 3 Thyme sprigs – leaves finely chopped (fresh!)
  1/2 c red onion – finely chopped
 1 tsp minced garlic
 1 egg
1 tblsp coconut oil (raw, unrefined, organic!)

Dump all ingredients into a in a large bowl.


Gently mix with your hands until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.


Form into patties.


Heat up coconut oil until nice and hot.  Cook patties for 2-3 minutes on each side.


Salud!

1 comment:

Charenn29 said...

great post, I really like it. Thanks for posting. :)