Wednesday, June 18, 2014

How I Tricked Myself Into Loving Vegetables


I don’t know about you but I have not always loved vegetables. My college diet consisted of PB&J’s, Cup of Noodle, and Molca Salsa- you can imagine my Freshman 10….or 20.

How did I trick myself into loving veggies?
I snuck ‘em into my food!

I do this to my husband all the time. He used to hate vegetables and still hates all things fruit. (Love you honey)



These are a few of the easiest ways to sneak your vegetables into food without snacking on raw kale and collard greens:
1. Spinach. You can sneak spinach into nearly anything. Pasta sauce, chicken-fried rice, enchiladas- the list is endless. I even put it in my macaroni & cheese.

2. Zucchini/Broccoli/Crookneck Squash/Peppers. Similar to what I posted above. Chop these vegetables into little pieces and put them on your salad or mix them with your favorite dinner dish.

3. JUICE. This one is very helpful but it can get a little expensive if you don’t own a juicer. You can throw almost any vegetable into a juice machine and mask it with an apple, cucumber or bits of pineapple.

4. Hummus and bean dip. Carrots used to be WAY too bitter for my taste but I wanted the beta-carotene for my eyes and skin! So I would measure a few tbsp. of hummus/bean dip and mask some of the vegetable intensity with something I know I enjoy.


Now that my palate is used to hints of vegetables in my food I can grab a handful of broccoli and carrots and eat them fresh. The best part? I'm actually able to enjoy the taste.

I hope this helps!

No comments: