Thursday, July 11, 2013

Chocolate Almond Butter Banana Smoothies


chocolate peanut butter smoothie

By Coach Maria - Salus Nutritionist & Food Expert

Sometimes, I just want something decadent, something chocolatey (you with me here?).

I don't, however, want to sabotage the good choices I make in terms of nutrition (still with me??).

Is it really possible to have one without the other?! (YES!)

This smoothie is perfect for when you crave the chocolate and don't want to over-indulge.

Creamy....Rich....Delicious!

1 1/2 bananas, sliced and frozen
3/4 c coconut milk (or nut milk)
2 tblsp almond butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tblsp cacao powder (cocoa powder works also, or even chocolate protein powder)
pinch of salt
4 ice cubes

Put all ingredients into high-powered blender or food processor until creamy, adding more milk if needed.  If you didn't have time to freeze your banana, add more ice.
Serve immediately.
Mmmmmm!

No comments: