Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Take Our Advice

As trainers we each have a few tricks up our sleeves to eating clean and staying healthy. Some of us are more extreme, while others take a lighter approach. It is important to find what works for you. There is unlimited advice available in regards to eating healthy, but it is not always useful. In reality, making healthy eating choices is fairly simple if you keep a few things in mind.

Coach Holly: I always look at the labels on food and choose the product with the fewest, most recognizable ingredients. If I can't pronounce it, I don't eat it!

Coach Karli: I like to steam all my veggies: broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower, then put them in the fridge and snack on them with salsa and cottage cheese. It tastes sooo good and since the veggies are already cooked and ready to go, I am more likely to grab them and snack on them opposed to crackers or something unhealthy. I also set a goal of servings of fruit on week days. All weekdays I eat 3 servings of fruit per day. So each day when I am craving a snack, I think about how many servings I have had of fruit for the day, and most the time it is less than 3, so I feel obligated to meet my goal and I snack on fruit.

Coach Justin: Pre-planning And Pre-packing meals for a week or two. If you pre-plan each meal,then soon you can get close to perfecting what your body really needs and uses !

Coach Mikalyn: Do Yoga. I know, I know. As a yoga instructor I'm biased. But people gain weight when they are out of touch with their body. Yoga helps you tune in and feel how much food your body really needs, and it's not as much as we think. Stop the obsession. Drop the food pyramid mentality; eat light, eat healthy.

Coach Denise: All in moderation! I’ve stopped obsessing years ago. Balance is key for me. I know if I over indulge in anything, it's not good for me. I also know how food makes me feel. Too much sugar kills my energy, while fruits and veggies help me feel energized. You truly are what you eat. So stop being a junk food junkie and empower your body, mind and soul with foods that are alive.

Coach Kristin: Being prepared. The best way I've found to do this is to bring your food with you or know where you can get it from. My best clean eating days are those that I take a few extra minutes to pack a cooler with plenty of delicious, healthy food so I have lunch, snacks and dinner if needed at my fingertips.

No comments: