Thursday, May 30, 2013

Our Kids Need Us

I believe exercise can bring you close to your loved ones. My second daughter is an old soul. She is very in-tune with her body and the energy of those around her. I tell her every day she has special gifts. We are like two pees in a pod. We love spending time together and we both have a love for exercise. Last night we attended a HOT yoga class. I was so proud of her as I watched her move from pose to pose. She is so beautiful and so much stronger than I was at her age. I couldn’t help but feel a little emotional as I cherish this time with her. Our kids need us to show them how to love their bodies. They need to see us taking care of ourselves. They mirror our example. So be that example. Spend time enjoying movement together. I promise it opens the door to other conversations and most importantly, love.

No comments: