Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Roasted Radish Chips

By:  Maria


I had a great assortment of veggies and fruit in my last CSA basket.  Some veggies that I don't usually purchase (winter radishes) were in abundance this week and I wanted to do something other than the same ol' boring standby of throwing sliced radishes into a salad.  I had originally thought I could throw them into my dinner somehow, but it was a couple of hours after lunch and a few hours before dinner and I needed a snack, so.......

I took the bunches of radishes, sliced them thinly, drizzled with a good quality olive oil, sprinkle lightly with some sea salt and put into the oven to roast.  I had NO idea how these would taste or if they would even turn out.  I was pleasantly surprised, however. Not only did they turn out well, they were a delicious, crunchy and tasty little snack that I devoured by the handfuls!
Next time, I use flavorful coconut oil and sprinkle with some smoky paprika!


No comments: