Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Slow Cooker Magic


By the end of the day most of us are tired and just want to relax.  Thoughts about taking time to prepare a healthy, well-balanced meal may not sound appealing.  If this is the case for you, I have your answer.  

The Slow Cooker. 

Reasons To Use A Slow Cooker (Crock pot)

1.   Cooking is EASY.  You literally layer your food, throw in some water, spices and push the start button.   I start my crockpot in the morning before work and by the time I get home dinner is ready and waiting for me.
2.   It's Healthy.  Since you're cooking with water, recipes rarely call for any extra oils or fats.  Place a lean protein with a few vigorous carbs from your  ex-prescription list and WALLAH- dinner is served.
3.   Clean up is Easy.   Slow cookers and crockpots allow you to cook an entire family dinner in one dish.  If you have a removable dish in your crockpot you can simply put in the sink for a good soak, wipe it and you've cleaned your dinner. 
4.   Saves TIME.  This is a big one for me- when I cook with my crockpot I don't have to spend time stirring or watching the food to make sure it doesn't burn.  There is no boiling or burning in a crockpot so I don't have to baby sit the food as it cooks.  

I hope you enjoy! 

No comments: