Thursday, August 2, 2012

Olympic Motivation

By:  Maria



If you haven't had a chance to watch any of the events during the Olympics, take some time to do so.  You may find some motivation that has been hidden away, deep within the dark confines of your soul.  It's there....find it!

Although we view some of the athletic feats as unattainable for ourselves, we have all experienced struggles and obstacles that get in the way of our own health and fitness goals.

Some of the best motivation, however, can come out of the mouths of the strongest and fittest in the Olympic community.

Read on to find one that motivates you to move up and over those obstacles and closer to your own goals.

"If my dreams can happen to me, your dreams can happen to you. Champions are not made on the track or field; champions are made by the things you accomplish and the way you use your abilities in everyday life situations." – Bob Beamon, world record holder for long jump from 1968 to 1991.

“The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning, but taking part; the essential thing in life is not conquering but fighting well.” – Pierre de Coubertin, founder of modern Olympic Games

"The moment I think about past letdowns or future hypotheticals, I mentally put myself on shaky ground. If I clear my mind of chatter, I can succeed, just like I did in 2006." – Julia Mancuso, 3-time Olympic medalist in skiing.

"They may become harder to achieve, but your dreams can't stop because you've hit a certain age or you've had a child.” – Dara Torres, 12-time Olympic medalist in various swimming events.

"Failure I can live with. Not trying is what I can't handle!" – Sanya Richards-Ross, 2008 Olympic bronze medalist at 400 meters.





No comments: