Monday, April 30, 2012

Turkey Muffins

By:  Maria



No time during the week to cook? Need a recipe that's easy to throw together, easy to multiply, freezes well, gives you a good amount of protein for either pre/post workout and is completely portable?
Look no further!
I have these in my fridge frequently and everyone in my household snatches 1 or 2 or more for breakfast, lunch, quick snack or dinner.

Ingredients
2 lbs ground turkey (I have also used my grass fed beef)
2 eggs
1 small onion (finely diced - food processor!)
1 small sweet red pepper (finely diced - food processor!)
1/2 almond/coconut flour**
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp dried yellow mustard
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
2 cloves garlic, minced (in a rush? Use 2 tblsp garlic powder instead!)
Coconut oil

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Lightly coat 12 cup muffin pan with coconut oil
Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
Roll mixture into the size of a lacrosse/racquetball (yep, that big!)
Bake 40 minutes

Makes 12 muffins

**I have also used 1 cup oatmeal for my kids instead of almond flour




No comments: