Friday, December 9, 2011

Sparkling Apple Cider

By:  Maria


While I enjoy a cup of hot apple cider during the holiday's, I sometimes prefer this festive,  naturally sweetened, cold drink alternative.  The blended flavors of this drink satisfy my sweet cravings but leaves me guilt-free knowing I am consuming a beverage that does not contain added sugars.

1 quart organic apple cider
1 orange, sliced (leave peel on)
5 sticks cinnamon
1 finger length ginger, sliced (leave skin on)
2 quarts sparkling water or club soda
ice cubes


Combine apple juice, orange slices, cinnamon and ginger in a medium pot and bring to a boil
Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes





Remove cider from stove and cool for 10 minutes
Fill a tall glass with ice
Pour ½ cup sparkling water into glass over ice
Pour ¼ cup apple cider into glass
Serve


No comments: